I know you did not think I was done talking about my birthday. Heck no!!! Today is the 11th. I have three more days before I officially turn plus one. Yay!! So let the gifts begin to arrive!! I’m only reminding you because I care about you oh. I don’t want you to have to do rush delivery. But in the event that your gift cannot get to me before the 14th, please do not despair. I receive late gifts @ no extra nagging to you. Yes, I know I’m sweet. You don’t have 2 say it.
The 14th of January is the most important day of the year. The earth will stand still. The moon and the sun will come out together and struggle for sky space, but none will win. The stars instead will shine from dusk till dawn, and they will hang down from the sky like chandeliers. As if I were standing under a mistletoe, I will receive a kiss every time I stand under a star. I guess I should expect a gazillion kisses that day. Baba God will grant me all my heart desires. It will be the beginning of a new life for me – my XXth year on earth. If you’re wondering who I will be kissing under the stars, my answer is God will provide!
I do not have much to say today. I would only like to repost (for the benefit of those who have not read it and those who have forgotten or claim to have forgotten) my birthday wish list. And my address, of course. If you are torn between two gifts or more and cannot decide which one to get me, please get them all. That’s the only logical thing to do. I’m only suggesting this for your own good – of course.
1. Husband (If you know where he is, please send him to my P. O. BOX asap so we can go and get married. I have already found my wedding gown and the hall we’ll be getting married in. I’ve even picked the aso-ebi lace, and Funmi and Busola have prepared their speech. Oh, I’ve even found my ring; he just needs to pay for it).
2. Nikon D90 (The first DSLR camera that has movie functionality!! Been stalking it on Best Buy ever since. If I get this camera….I’m gonna be….I don’t even know what I’m gonna be. Dear God, please touch ye the hearts of my readers!!)
3. The new BlackBerry Bold. (Ever since I spotted this phone, I have not been able to stop picturing myself using it. Honestly, I’ll look so good using it. It fits my bold personality.)
4. Wii Game (Ever since I played this game @ a friend’s house, I have not been able to stop thinking about it).
5. This bag from Macy’s. (I love this bag from Macy’s; dunno why, but I do. Think it would look better in black).
6. Perfume: Pour Femme by Bvlgari (Haven’t been able to get my mind off it).
7. Perfume: Romance by Ralph Lauren (Been loving it since my Naija days)
8. Perfume: Miracle Forever by Lancome
9. Perfume: Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
10.Perfume: Nina by Nina Ricci
11. Perfume: Vera Wang by Vera Wang
12. Perfume: Guess by Marciano
13. Perfume: Rock n Rose by Valentino
14. Perfume: Diamonds by Emperio Armani
15. Perfume: Gucci by Gucci
16. Perfume: Princess by Vera Wang
17. A gift card from DSW. (I’m craving shoes.)
18. Alright fine, whatever you wanna send… (in addition to any of the ones listed above…hehehe.)
I know what you’re thinking: goodness, Vera, you’re so cheap. Is that all you want??? Whatever happened to aiming high for bigger, better, bolder things….like a newly built, fully furnished house in an upscale neighborhood? Well, what can I say? I’m so modest.
Oh, before I forget, here’s the mailing address which I’m sure you’re all just itching you have:
P. O. BOX 7893
ESSEX, MD 21221
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
See you on Wednesday – my birthday. Yay!!!