Sex is such an interesting, diverse, and complicated topic. Although it’s a three letter word, it’s often treated as a four letter word. SEX. If my blog were a sex blog and I had to blog about sex everyday, I still would not run out of things to say about it. Sex goes beyond the positions taken and minutes spent while doing it. A critical question one should ask is: Should I even have sex?
In relationships (marriage excluded), sometimes, sex is included, other times, it isn’t. It has continued to be a controversial topic: to have sex or not? When to have sex? With whom to have sex? What kind of sex to have? Where to have sex? Naturally, these are not the questions you ask mom’s advise for.
I can just hear it now, “Mom, there’s something I need your advise on. Mr. Shoes and I have been having a hard time deciding where to have sex. I think we should do it on the roof of the primary school at the end of the road, but he’d rather we hang from a chandelier. What do you think?”
If my mom is still the mom I have known for the past XX years, then I can expect the following (in no particular order): She’ll throw her shoes at me; she’ll throw her big bag with the heavy metal thing on me; she’ll throw her long umbrella at me, pick it up, and beat me with it; she’ll beat me with both of her hands all over my body; she’ll slap my face, especially my mouth; she’ll call me all sorts of names (idiot, anuofia [bush animal], ekwensu [devil], otolo gba gi [honestly, I still don’t know the meaning of this insult. What is otolo?], bloody fool, bullshit [yes, she will call me a bullshit], onye ala [mad person] … and the list goes on.
On that note, I won’t have this discussion with mom – for two reasons:
1. Mom is one of those small but mighty people. She is more than able to do all that I have said she will probably do — and much more.
2. Mr. Shoes and I do not have that dilemma. That’s actually Funmie’s dilemma. Don’t tell her I wrote it here.
Why is all this even important? Three reasons.
1. Verastically Speakin’ will be tackling sex within relationships on Saturday, October 10th 2009. And because of how fun it will be, we will dedicate two hours (instead of 1.5 hours) to it. The co-hosts are Ekene Agabu and NaijaBloke. If you do visit Bloke’s blog, please tell him to update.
2. There is a poll on the top right side bar. Help us out.
3. We need a female co-host to balance it out. Inquire within AKA email@example.com or 1.443.934.9039
P.S. “Sex within relationships” does not include marriage, one night stands, being friends with benefits, sex buddies, ‘kicking it,’ etc. It only applies to being in a committed relationship that happens to include sex.
Go HERE to set up your reminders. Once again, the show will air on Saturday, October 10th 2009 at 10:00 am U.S. EST time/ 3:00 pm GMT / 3:00 pm Nigerian time.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions about this show, send them ASAP [as in IMMEDIATELY] to firstname.lastname@example.org