Long title, I know.
Today’s news is coming to you a year late. Although the [report of] this engagement happened in March of last year – I believe – I only just read about it, and my mom always says that whenever you wake up, that’s your morning. So, this, right here, is news to me.
Brittany and Abby Hansel, born March 7th 1990 are conjoined twins. They have separate lungs, spine, heart, and stomach, and each of them have one hand and one leg, but they are joined at the pelvis.
Brittany and Abby Hansel
The thing is, Brittany is engaged.
I found a structural picture of their body; it helps to understand what their insides look like, and why I’m having all these questions in my head – not that either of them owe me an answer.
In other words, they have one vagina. So here are the thoughts (questions) running through my mind:
1. What will Abby be doing while Brittany is having sex with their vagina?
2. Is Abby allowed to moan too?
3. Will/can Abby date after Brittany gets married?
4. What happens when Abby gets engaged or married? Whose house will they sleep in?
5. Who gets pregnant?
6. Who has the baby?
7. What happens if Brittany wants to have sex and Abby doesn’t want to?
8. Women can decide – if they want to – not to get wet. What happens if Abby decides not to get wet and Brittany wants it otherwise. In other words, who controls the honey pot?
9. I know this is crazy, but what if Brittany is cheating on her husband and her husband walks in on the act, how does he know who is really sleeping with that other dude?
10. Sex aside, who is the guy really engaged to? Brittany? Or both of them?
I know these are funny scenarios, but I am half-serious. I don’t even know what being half-serious means, but I know I am it right now. On that note, I watched a video of the girls when they were 16, and it was just phenomenal watching the way they interact and work together. These girls seem to get along more than we (non conjoined people) can get along with our own selves. And I love the way they’re holding hands in the video.
Check out the video, and when you’re done watching it, feel free to answer my questions.
So what do you think?