*** Update: Number 21 has been purchased.
*** Update: Number 10 has been purchased.
*** Update: Number 9 has been purchased.
*** Update: Number 17 has been purchased.
1. The Nikon D90. Ever since I saw Ashton Kutcher in the commercial, I have wanted needed this camera. Oh, I can only imagine the kind of chemistry we would have. 12.9 megapixels of beauty. Picture courtesy of Best Buy.
2. Toyota Rav-4: It was a tough decision, but I decided to only add the Rav-4 to my birthday wish list this year. With the state of the economy, I thought it’d be rather insensitive to ask for a Range Rover. I’m quite understanding, I know. Picture courtesy of Toyota dot com.
9. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe: Believe it or not, I have never, ever read this book. Sure, I know the story, but that’s just because I watched the movie (with Pete Edochie starring as Okonkwo), and of course, many are the things that have been said about this great novel — and the one who wrote it. So now, I want it for myself. Picture courtesy of Amazon.
11. Cuff Down Ankle Boots from Bakers: These Western boots are made for walking. I want to walk in them! Who is buying? I wear a size 9, BUT let’s be safe and go with a 10. Picture courtesy of Bakers Shoes.
12. These peep-toe pumps: I don’t know this obsession I have with peep toe shoes, but it’s gotta stop. Okay, it doesn’t have to stop right now. I just love them. What else is there to say?
15. A/X Armani Exchange Sunglasses: I love, love, LOVE these glasses. I love them better than the previous one (number 14). I can just imagine myself on a hot summer day. HAWT! Picture courtesy of Macy’s
17. That Devil’s No Friend Of Mine by J. D. Mason. I love J. D. Mason. I think she’s a brilliant writer. I don’t remember the name of the first book I read from her, but I loved it. I have loved everything from her since then. Picture courtesy of Amazon.
18. Be Careful What You Pray For by Kimberla Lawson Roby: I love her books, too. It’s usually dramatic and family oriented, the kind of stuff that happens to regular people. It’s almost like a Nigerian movie, and by that, I’m referring to the good Nigerian movie, not the ones that insult our intelligence. Picture courtesy of Amazon.
19. God Only Knows by Xavier Knight. I have never read anything from this author, but something about the name of the book, and even the name of the author just makes me want to grab it and read it right now. Picture courtesy of Amazon.
21. Caden peep toe boots from Baker’s Shoes. I have admired these boots from afar, and I have thought to myself, “Why would I need peep toe boots?” But recently, I saw a pair of peep toe boots that I just couldn’t stop looking at. Hence, my new love for the peep toe booties. Picture courtesy of Baker’s Shoes.
22. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation. I’ve been using this foundation since Lancome jazzed me in 2008. After I bought their ridiculously expensive eye pencil, I took it back and bought this foundation instead. It’s been love ever since. Well, I need a new one. I need it in the Suède 1 (N) color (not to be confused with the Suede On color). In the picture below, I highlighted the color, and by the left, where you’ll select the color, my color is the one with the highlighted (yellow) frame (the last one on the leftest column). Picture courtesy of Macy’s.
24. Sony – Xplod 52W x 4 Apple: The CD player in my car is crappy. It’s way too sensitive for my liking, but that’s only the beginning of the problem. It goes off right in the middle of the song, and I think it does it on purpose too, because it always waits till the song gets to my favorite part … and then pffft. It’s off. Picture courtesy of Best Buy.
26. If you feel like none of these is expensive enough, I’ll gladly welcome the cash you would have spent on a gift.
**** List will continuously be updated till June 30th 2010. On June 30th 2010, the new birthday wish list (for 2011) will start being compiled. Happy buying.