SPROUTERS is now accepting applications for her 2012 online mentorship program. And the program is absolutely FREE.
We would like to invite all interested teenage girls, between the age of ten and twenty, who have a passion for creative writing, to submit an application for Nigeria’s pioneer online mentorship program.
This is a great opportunity for young writers at any stage of experience to have their talent honed by nine mentors of repute: Unoma Azuah, Ayodele Olofintuade, Ifesinachi Okoli-Okpagu, Abimbola Adelakun, Temitayo Olofinlua, Azafi Omoluabi-Ogosi, Abimbola Dare, Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia, and Ugo Chime.
Mentees will be taken through a robust set of writing and critical analysis skills. They will be directed towards great literary works of fiction and encouraged to understudy these writings. The program will raise awareness on domestic and global issues affecting women and girls, encouraging mentees to write on these subjects.
SPROUTERS is a yearly program, and is free for all mentees.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: First fifty applications. Early submission is therefore strongly advised.
- Must be citizens of Nigeria, resident anywhere in Nigeria.
- Must be female.
- Must be between the ages of ten to twenty. Older applicants should please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting exemption, and wait for clearance before proceeding with their application.
- Must have access to the internet, either owned by them or by someone who would permit them the use of it.
- Must have the time and passion to follow it through to the end. This is a long term program.
All applications must be backed up by verification from a referee. The following are eligible to act as referees: Teachers. Parents. Church leaders. Published writers (books and newspapers). Known editors. Members of Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), or other writing groups. Referees may be citizens of any country, and do not have to be resident in Nigeria.
SELECTION OF MENTEES:
The editor will select a maximum of fifty mentees on the basis of the application submitted, which should include:
- § Uploaded Passport Photo: Use jpeg, jng format. Size should not exceed 300×300.
- Personal Statement – In no more than 200 words, mentees should tell a little bit of themselves. There is no right or wrong answer.
- Writing Sample: In no less than 300 and no more than 450 words, showcase your best work (short story/poem). Mentees should choose subjects that interest them the most.
- All applications must be submitted through the online application form: http://www.sproutersng.com/Applyformentorship.php.
- Applications must be written in English.
To read more about SPROUTERS, please go to http://www.sproutersng.com
For additional information, contact us at: Email: email@example.com, Tel: +2348024345207
P.S. Only 43 spots are remain. So hurry!
P.P.S. My only regret about this program is that it is for 10 to 20 year olds, and I am already 21 *insert straight face*
P.P.P.S. Did I mention that this is completely FREE?