Naija Blogger Awards is up…yay! I am not dedicating an entire post to the awards because I’m tryna create awareness & all that ish, but rather because I want to warn all of you: failure to vote for me will result in the permanent deletion of my blog. Yes, I realize this action will hurt me more than it will hurt you since I love and cherish my blog and its contents, but at least, my point will be made.
So what makes Vera – the one who lives Verastically – qualify? Please, read on. There are 17 categories for ‘Category A’ of the Naija Blogger Awards, and I
intend to qualify for all of them. Yes, I said all of them.
1. Best Personal Blog: This shouldn’t be difficult. Verastically Livin’ is as personal as it can get. I have told you about my bathing routine (so now, you can practically picture me doing it); I have told you about my tropical rain forest (the jungle that hides within); I have told you about my shotput days (when I supplied free manure to grandma’s farm); I have told you about my lactose intolerance (so now you know what not to serve me when I visit you), and I have even told you what kind of underwears I wear. What, do you need me to post a picture of my butt cheeks too?
2. Best Student Blog: So maybe I don’t talk a lot about school, but I did mention that I had to do a school project when I had to visit a strip club and observe people. Well, what more do you want from me? Vote me there jare!
3. Most Inspiring Blogger: I inspired Temite, Funmie, and someone else whose name I can’t remember right now to start blogging. How much more of an inspiring blogger do you want me to be? On February 14th, I even inspired God to answer my prayers and send me my Valentine. Hehehe. If I can inspire God, then what da heck?? If you ask me, I’ll even say I inspired Barack Obama to run 4 President, but let’s not get in2 that. We’re keeping it on the down low.
4. Best Literary Blog (prose, poetry, story telling): Uhm, this might be a bit tricky. The stories I have told on Verastically Livin’ are not exactly prose-type material BUT hey, they are stories nonetheless, no? Remember the story about the young boy who woulda wooed me if he wasn’t so much younger than me? Well, that counts for something!
5. Best Use Of Theme In A Blog (religion, politics, social commentary, fashion, family, etc): How about “Totally Awesome” for a theme? If you ask me, that should count for something. And that is exactly what Verastically Livin’ is all about. Someone might call this tooting my own horns, but what does he know?
6. Best Political Blog: Oh, this one is soooooo easy! On the day of the election, I blogged TWICE. I never, ever blog twice in a day, but that day I blogged twice – all for Obama. The posts are HERE & HERE. Now how’s that for best political blog!!
7. Best Relgious Blog: I don’t like the term ‘religious;’ I prefer ‘spiritual,’ but for the purpose of this award, I’ll tell you that this is the best religious blog because on Sunday, October 19th, I rededicated my life to Christ. I also have a direct line to God. Who else has written a letter to Him and had it answered so swiftly and perfectly?
8. Best Fashion Blog: On Valentine’s Day, I told you I wore a pink and black shirt. I only wore the pink shirt because it was Valentine’s Day and I was tryna honor St. Valentine.
9. Best Entertainment Blog: Who else entertains you so much with the type of weird men she meets? Remember Mr. Kisser? TAB? Mr. Multiple Personality? Mr Slow? The Delivery Man? The weekend with three men – all of whom were either married, almost married, and probably married?
10. Best Everyday Read: By qualifying for categories one to nine, I automatically qualify for this one. It’s no hard ball.
11. Most Creative Blogger: Me, of course! I came up with “Verastic” all by myself. I named Funmi “Fufustic” also (because I call her Fufu for short). And of course, I came up with the beautiful name that all of you are supposed to call me – Madam Interviewee Vera. Needless to say, you’re doing a sucky job @ it. And one of these days, I’ll shut all your blogs down.
12. Intellectual Blog: I know how to spell everyone’s blogger/blogville name without looking. It’s not easy, but what can I say? I have a rather high blogville IQ.
13. Dedicated Blogger Award (updates most frequently, comments, active blogger….): If you have not noticed, Verastically Livin’ gets updated every three days (except for a few times when I have to delay because I need to update on a particular date. I am committed, darn it!
14. Most Likeable Blogger: I like myself, and that is all that should matter. The rest of you better get on board…. or else!! Yeap, I’m deleting Verastically Livin’ and going to a far away land where I’ll be known as the green-eyed one – Facebook.
15. Best Use Of Visuals In A Blog (images, themes, colors…etc): Every word you see in color in this post is a link. Do you have ANY idea how long it took me to hyperlink all these words???? Do you???? Well, that counts as visuals. That’s my story & I’m sticking to it!
16. Best Use Of Media In A Blog (widgets, graphics, music…): Well, I have the ‘Follow Verastic’ widget, the ‘Subscribe to Verastic’ widget, and even the ‘View My Complete Profile’ widget. What more do you want?
17. Bloggers’ Choice Awards (Naija blogger of the year): How many other bloggers have taken their time to put up this type of post? It is obvious I deserve this. Now, give it!
By now, I’m sure there is only one question on your mind: where do I cast my Verastic vote? Right HERE. The administrators require that no category be left blank, so please fill everything in. On a serious note, if you do not know which blogger to nominate for a category, just put ‘N/A’ or something like that. But don’t leave it blank. This voting is open to any1 & everyone, so come one, come all.
I exit now……. to go & work on my acceptance speech.
*Vera singing* … Winner oh oh oh, winner/winner oh oh oh oh winner/Vera you don win oh, winner/kpata kpata you go win forever, winner!
*Another song* It shall be permanent/it shall be permanent/what the Lord has done for me/it shall be permanent….permanent…..