It’s that time of the year again. The Nigerian Blog Award is bizzzzack!! Before I tell you why I deserve to win, I just want to thank everyone who nominated me. I am very, very grateful — especially seeing as I did not even know that nominations were already in session. If I had known, well, perhaps, this post from last year will give you a clue about what I would have done.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty. Yours truly – yes, the one, the only verastic blogger, has been nominated in five categories (and I did not even have to fight for them), and here are the reasons why I should win all the categories I was nominated in.
1. Best Daily Read: Pick a day — like today, and I’ll give you something good to read.
2. Best Use of Media/ Including Social Media: How many other blogs do you go to where you can both read, hear, and vote? On Verastically Livin, you can! I mean, super stars have been created on the Verastically Speakin’ Talk Radio! Okay, maybe not super stars exactly — but somewhere close. Oh, but it gets better than that! Verastically Livin’ also has a ‘Prove Your Like’ Facebook widget. If this is not head-turning, gotta-vote-Vera-in cool, tell me what is.
3. Most Humorous Blog: Wasn’t it I who came up with the secret formula to fix this so-called economic recession (by seducing men and producing baby girls)? Wasn’t it I who told you of the Priest who inquired of my stance on oral sex? Wasn’t it I who told you that Turai Yar’Adua vanished into thin air after thanking me for my alleged prayers? And wasn’t it I who told you just how hard men have it? It was I, was it not?
4. Most Unique Voice: Who, me? *Looking around, confused* Oh, my. How I have longed and waited to hear this. I have a unique voice?? Finally, someone sees [hears] it! People have been falling in love with everyone’s voice but mine. I mean, just this Saturday, all my co-hosts [Aribaba, NaijaBloke, and BDON] shamelessly fell in love with Life of a Stranger’s voice — right before my very ears! So, yes, if not for anything else, I need this award to validate me.
5. Nigerian Blog of the Year: There are two reasons why I qualify to win this category (i) I’m Nigerian (ii) It’s the year 2010. Oh, I have a third reason … (iii) I’m better than all the other nominees. Yes, all nine of them.
But just in case you need to be persuaded just a wee bit more, here’s my history with the Nigerian Blog Awards.
2006 [The first ever Nigerian Blog Award]
- Blogger I’d Most Like To Meet —> Winner
- Funniest Blogger –> Nominee
2009 [The second Nigerian Blog Award]
- Best Everyday Read –> Winner
- Most Likeable Blogger –> Winner
- Blogger Most Likely To Become A Celebrity Off Blogging –> Winner
- Funniest Blogger –> Winner
- Bloggers’ Choice Award –> Nominee
- Most Creative Blogger –> Nominee
- Dedicated Blogger –> Nominee
- Most Likely To Become A Talk Show Host –> Nominee
- Most Popular Blogger –> Nominee
- Most Stalked Blog –> Nominee
By now, your hands must be itching to vote for me. Of course, of course. Voting commences on the 31st of May right here. Friends, let us remember that this is a war, an unfriendly war, where we must do all that we can to make sure that I win. Anything and everything that can be done to stop my opponents must be done — including, but not limited to holding other opponents and their blog(s) in hostage until the voting season is over. Alternatively, you could demand that their names be withdrawn from the contest. Doing that will earn them their freedom. Henceforth, anyone who is not Vera Ezimora is an enemy, and must be treated as such. Yes, in all categories where Vera Ezimora/Verastically Livin’ is nominated, blind your eyes to all other nominees, throw e-eggs at their blogs, and cajole them into vote for Vera Ezimora instead.
Voting commences on the 31st of May — right here.
Reading this has inducted you as a Sweet Potato and a member of Elders' Council of Verastic. Please don't forget to share this post and subscribe below for more awesomeness.