What better way to honor these beautiful people than to use their names as the title of my post? The 4th time has been the charm for me. I have received this award four times. This could mean one of two things:
1. I’m a very honest blogger, and you wonderful people have finally noticed and certified me.
2. I have fooled all of you, and y’ll don’t know what da heck you’re talking about.
…I’m gonna go with number one. It’s the certified, honest truth.
1. Afronuts: My dear, thank you for being the first to present me with this award. I know I promised to come back & make a speech, but I never did make it back. For this, I am so, so sorry. That being said, I have a question I have been meaning to ask you. Don’t laugh; I’m serious. What does your name mean? I know what ‘Afro’ means, but what about the ‘nuts??’ If it’s what I think it is, then I’ll say, you naughty, naughty, boy!
2. Standtall: Times without number, I have imagined you having a conversation with my cousin, Nachi. He still believes that the Virgin Mary is not a Virgin. Why? She had breasts when she got pregnant. Who on earth made her breasts grow? Surely, someone (maybe Joseph) had to have been squeezing them. Apparently, no woman can grow breasts without a man first laying his hands on them. What say you, Standtall? lol. For those that are wondering, his last name is Ezimora too. I’m really starting to think that something is wrong with these Ezimora people. I’m clearly the only one who is sane.
3. Favored Girl: My love, you are truly favored. I learnt from Pastor Joel Osteen that I should believe I have the crown of favor on my head. So since then, I have been praying about it. I truly have. That being said, you’re truly, truly favored. Your ‘frumpiness’ did not stop you from catching your husband’s eyes. lol. Babe, I hope you have upgraded your wardrobe oh. No more grandma panties!! lol. Not many women can be frumpy yet sexy in their husband’s eyes. But let’s not push it, okay?
4. Naapali: My personal pesin! I’ve been thinking…of what use are you in my life sef? How can I have a doc in my life and not be using him? I have decided that I will go out today and badly scrape my knees and elbows, and you, Doc Naapali must take care of my injuries, by fire, by storm… FREE OF CHARGE. So please, go & buy your ticket to Baltimore. I hope you don’t expect me to fly to Chi-Town for treatment. Now that I think of it sef, the scrapes might not be enough. Where is that butcher knife? I’m off to butcher my left leg off. Bring needle & thread on your way o! My color is a little light, but not yellow. I want the thread you use to sew me to match my skin tone perfectly, please.
Ehen, the rules (which I don’t feel like pasting here) state that I should pass the award on to other people and let them know on their blog. Yeah, whatever. First of all, I’m passing this award to ALL MY LOVERS (aka my blog roll). So if your name is there, please consider yourself certified or recertified. For you to own a blog, it means there is an ounce of honesty in you, yes? Secondly, I refuse to visit 70+ blogs to tell them that they have been certified. That would be glorified spamming. Besides, I have better things to do with my time. I don’t know what they are yet, but I know I have them.
Unlike Doc Naapali who shameless told people whose names were not on his list to meet him somewhere with their bank account number, I will be dignified. I will not stoop so low and ask for bank account details. I will respect myself, and say instead that…
…I am sorry if your name is not on my list of lovers, but not to worry, my list is not written in stone. It is ever growing and changing. Change is the only constant thing in life anyway, right? Simple measures can and should be taken to rectify this situation. To have your name added, send @ least one of the following perfumes to my address ASAP. Number 1 & 2 are my most precious ones. I know it’s a rather short list, but I didn’t wanna be greedy, you know…
1. Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein
2. Pour Femme by Bvlgari
3. Romance For Her by Ralph Lauren
4. Rock n Rose by Valentino
5. Absolutely Irresistable by Givenchy
6. Miracle Forever by Lancome
7. M by Mariah Carey
8. Magnifique by Lancome
9. Notorious by Ralph Lauren
10. Vera Wang by Vera Wang
11. Princess by Vera Wang
12. Daisy by Marc Jacobs
13. Gucci by Gucci
14. Ninna by Ninna Ricci
15. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
…Yeap, this method is so much more dignified. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. If you’ve got a problem with it, let your complaints be known by sending one or more of the perfumes above to
P. O. BOX 7893
Essex, MD 21221
United States of America
***All complaints that are not accompanied by @ least one bottle of perfume will NOT be attended to. Shikena!!***